Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Self Reflection

1. Yes I feel like my pieces balanced my ideas and skill level very well except for my first piece. That was below my skill level and I don’t even consider that piece when I think about my skill level and how far I’ve come.

2. I think my most successful piece was the boats on the beach. It was my strongest piece I’ve ever made and the one I enjoyed most. Although at times it got tedious with the little details and my hands got shaky I enjoyed painting it because it pushed me to focus on details I normally wouldn’t bring to light.

3. I work a lot more diligently when I’m enjoying my piece. When I don’t like what I’m working on I tend to get off task because I don’t want to work on my piece. I’ve learned to love acrylic paint this term and want to keep using it for my more detailed pieces.

4. I see myself working in more landscapes because I seem to enjoy them the most. I’ve also thought of picking something people don’t usually think of in everyday life and focusing on all the little details of it. So I guess you could say I have a range of where my pieces will go in term 3.

5. My goal for the rest of the year, that I strongly hope I accomplish, is loving every piece I do. I want to push myself so I love every finished product and don’t stop working until I do. I want to pick pieces that are ambitious for me and are going to push my skill levels, so working till I love and master my difficult pieces is a big goal I have for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment