Thursday, September 29, 2011

My self portrait was intended to communicate a message about who i am on the inside, despite that a portrait is a display of what is on the outside. The light and dark are intended to show the contrast between the two. Everyone has a bright side that people are drawn to get to know, but everyone has a deeper, shadowed side not seen as easily from appearence, but is oftentimes the most worth knowing about someone. I felt I communicated my belief for the importance of seeing both sides of a person by making the dark side equally as attention grabbing as the light. Also, my piece is left open for interpretation in many ways, just like how people can look at a person and make many different opinions just based on what is seen only at that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment