Wednesday, April 25, 2012

1. I liked “almond blossom” the best in the show. It was slightly unlike his usual style I thought because it wasn’t as streaky and lumpy. I just thought it was really pretty and elegant and I liked the simple blue background on it.


2. I think van Gogh was the first artist to really use paint as a huge texture. His paintings all are rather streaky and unblended because he uses raised paint as a texture. I think his brush strokes are stronger than most painters. He doesn’t blend his paint and his brush strokes always show through in the paintings.

3. I think you could consider nature van Gogh’s concentration. All his paintings are of fields and flowers or fruit, which is from nature. All the pieces seem cohesive together and that to me makes it seem like a concentration.

4. No I feel like it made me like him less. Up close some of the paintings seem really unfinished because they’re so streaky and unblended. I actually like pictures of his paintings more than when I saw some of them in person.

5. Know van Gogh’s emotion struggles don’t change my views at all because his paints don’t seem dark. You would think because of his mental state his paintings would be twisted and dark, but they are still bright and full of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment