Tuesday, April 24, 2012

1. The piece that I enjoyed the most in Van Gogh's collection was the painting I believe was called"Rain". The painting was different from his other pieces which are usually bright with vivid color. This piece of work was a darker piece which i enjoy because it relates to my style of work which is dark with allot of blacks and grays. I like the work mostly because its different from the rest of his work. This makes me wonder what caused his style to change for this particular piece. 2. I believe that Van Gogh was most revolutionary in his stray from static art and create pieces out of many lines and marks. His state of mind was different from those of other artists. His lined work seemed somewhat chaotic when looked at close but looked clean from a distance. 3. I believe that Van Gogh did have a concentration. That concentration was natural and had to do with nature. I believe this because all of his pieces of work were of landscapes and fruits and natural elements of the world. Although not all of his work might not show this concentration majority of it does. 4. It did broaden my appreciation for him. Not so much the work he did but the amount of work he completed in the length of his life. I found it most astonishing when I realized that he completed so many pieces in a short period of time. That is why I have more respect for him as an artist. 5. Having his background in mind helped me understand allot of his work. One could tell when he was happier from certain pieces and one could also tell when he was more depressed with pieces such as "Rain" which was again my favorite piece.  

No comments:

Post a Comment