Wednesday, May 23, 2012

final blog


1.     I think that yes, I have developed as an artist. Looking back on my work from the beginning of the year, my skill level and also level of ideas for each project have changed. I began to take more risks later in the year and maybe change some idea to challenge myself more.
2.     I think that I work best with charcoal. My favorite projects and projects that I am most proud of are made from charcoal or graphite.
3.     I think that I did accomplish what I set out to do with my concentration. However, I feel that there are some areas of strengths and weaknesses. I think that some of my projects do refer to pattern but do not have as deep of a meaning as I would of intended for them to have. I think that I would chose number 2 to describe my work. Although I have many strong pieces I feel that some are not as strong as others.

1.     I think that the projects that we did before the concentration project began were helpful in expanding skill level. I think that some work with different mediums would be more useful before going into the concentration project.
2.     I think that the structure and freedom was very well put together. I liked having the freedom to do whatever fit in my concentration, but with guidance. The one critique I would have is the amount of time for each project. I think that at times many people in the class felt rushed by the deadlines and quickly finished their projects, but not up to their full potential. However, I do understand why the deadlines are put in place. I think that if the deadlines were extended we would not get enough projects done. I think that it is important for the future honors art class to know how to balance their work and brainstorming time.
3.     I think that the honors art class should start thinking about what they may want to do, and come into term one with and idea and develop it through the experimental projects done in term one.
4.     I only went on one trip with the class, and I thought it was very beneficial. It gave me ideas about where I wanted to go with my next project and it was also very informative. There is not much that I would recommend to change except for maybe time in the beginning of each term (one class period) to brainstorm a few ideas for projects with the help of Mrs. Silverman and peers.

1.     I enjoyed the class critiques in the middle of working on projects because it was nice to get feed back from peers and help at times when I was stuck.
2.     I did not like the blog because it does not think that it was very beneficial to me.
3.     I think that there was good clarity of expectations for the class.
4.     I really liked the field trips and I thought that they were very informative.





No comments:

Post a Comment