Saturday, May 26, 2012

Self Evaluation - Taylor


Part 1
1. I definitely think I have developed greatly since the beginning of the class. I used to struggle to come up with projects, but by the end I had more ideas than time allowed.

2. I think I paint in a hyper-realistic style with a lot of attention to detail. Also, I work well with gouache.

3. I think all of my pieces fall under my concentration; however, there are projects that I wished to accomplished that were never done. Also, there is no artistic style found throughout all my pieces. They are all very different and lack a common technique or style.I would give myself a 2, because I feel my work doesn't make a strong statement or make people think. It is just realistic renderings of the real world without much imagination or creativity along with the work. I realized this near the end of the year and have been trying to improve this. Also, not all of my pieces are equally strong. 

Part 2
1. Yes, I feel the assignments given in the first term helped created a base that could be built on during the year. We could develop our skills while finding what we really enjoyed and what we didn't enjoy as much. Assignments like the model drawing helped me develop drawing skills that are essential to this class. 

3. I think there was a good balance of freedom and structure. We were all allowed to focus on what we wanted to do. Everybody went in different directions for their concentration and we were all supported in doing whatever we liked. I think specific assignments throughout the year would have limited our creative process, but term one's structure allowed us to begin thinking about what we liked. 

4. I think students should start to look at art online or in galleries during the summer to find out what type of direction they would like to take, instead of coming in without any ideas or an area of interest.  

5. I think the field trips were very interesting and allowed us to explore many different styles and movements. Everybody found a style that especially intrigued them and got their creativity going. It also exposes us to new techniques and idea that we might not have thought of. I think the course doesn't need much change. An idea is to have a 2-assignment-long piece that is either of large scale or great detail. At the end of this, the end product is amazing and more striking. 

I think there should be more critiques throughout the year.

Not too much out of class work, which is good considering our overall workload.

Expectations were made clear.

Field trips were interesting and gave me new ideas

It would be neat to have special guests visit the class. Experts in a certain medium, movement, etc. 


No comments:

Post a Comment