Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Katie Schneider's final blog


Part 1

1.     Yes, I think that my ideas and artwork have matured and become more creative. I think that in the beginning of the year I wasn’t thinking on my own or inspired by a certain concentration that I clearly focused on by the end of the third term.
2.     I think that my areas of expertise are working with acrylic paint and mastering the layers of paint. I enjoy painting human faces, especially eyes in particular.
3.     Yes, I think that I successfully produced art work with my concentration of portraits. After I changed my concentration to something that I was more inspired by, it became obvious in my work that I enjoyed painting the subjects of people. My strengths are making the hair and light sources realistic and believable. It was hard for me to successfully make the blended shades in skin tone in all areas of the subject. I think my artwork would be scored a 2. I think that it was hard for me to find a portrait of a person that I had taken a photograph of myself, and would have to find one that I liked offline. From this I would have to altar the subject and make up my own pose or light source that was different from the original.

Part 2

1.     Yes, Mrs. Silverman led helpful and intriguing assignments in term one that helped to expand my technical skill-set before I began my concentration. The self-portrait was good for people who don’t usually paint or draw people to try something they may not have the  rest of the year.
2.     We had a good balance between structure and freedom. We had assigned dates that we had to complete a project by to make sure we would finish the amount of pieces in a term. We had freedom by being allowed to choose our subject and what to paint as long as it was in our concentration.
3.     I think that it would be helpful to think about it during summer so that you can take pictures that and become inspired by your surroundings before you begin.
4.     I think that the field trips were beneficial and interesting. I enjoyed seeing the different styles and periods of art in the different museums. Class critiques were helpful because my peers helped me see things in my art that I didn’t see myself. The blog wasn’t helpful to me. I think that it wasn’t beneficial for the class. There was a lot of clarity in the class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment